
The other night my girlfriend turned on the Golden Girls to fall asleep too. While she slept to 'Thanks for Being a Friend' I laid awake watching back to back episodes on Lifetime. One of the episode I watched dealt with Blanch going on a date, but included a series of flash backs from the other women, including a surprisingly younger looking Sophia.
This got me thinking about the premise behind the show and their age. Breaking out the iPhone, I discovered that Estelle Getty, the actress that played Sophia, was younger then Bea Arthur, whom played her daughter. Estelle was also younger the Betty White, by a good year and a half. The wig, make-up and acting made her roll as the eldest of the 4 women was very convincing.
Estelle Getty and Beatruce Arthur are unfortunately both passed away, within the last year.
Links:
No comments:
Post a Comment