Didn't Know Yesterday

 

Thanks for Being a Friend

Wednesday, September 16, 2009   0 Comments


The other night my girlfriend turned on the Golden Girls to fall asleep too. While she slept to 'Thanks for Being a Friend' I laid awake watching back to back episodes on Lifetime. One of the episode I watched dealt with Blanch going on a date, but included a series of flash backs from the other women, including a surprisingly younger looking Sophia.

This got me thinking about the premise behind the show and their age. Breaking out the iPhone, I discovered that Estelle Getty, the actress that played Sophia, was younger then Bea Arthur, whom played her daughter. Estelle was also younger the Betty White, by a good year and a half. The wig, make-up and acting made her roll as the eldest of the 4 women was very convincing.

Estelle Getty and Beatruce Arthur are unfortunately both passed away, within the last year.

Links:

Labels: , , ,

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Description

Everyday I seem to pick up useless facts. Be it from the deepest regions of the web, late night channel surfing or the tabloids at a grocery store check out lane. Rather then just sharing with my friend and family, I'm sharing with the world, in hopes that one of these random pieces of knowledge make it into one of your conversations.

Popular Labels

Sponsored Links


Previous Posts

Archives

Feeds

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Copywrite 2009, Stuff I Didn't Know Yesterday, didnotknowyesterday.blogspot.com/; All Rights Reserved