Didn't Know Yesterday

 

Leaving a face down penny tip

Saturday, September 12, 2009   1 Comments


I've never worked in the restaurant industry, but my girlfriend has. Much of her terminology and simple restaurant operations are new to me. During dinner and some poor service the conversation of tipping came up and leaving a face down penny.

When service at a restaurant is horrible, one of the worst tips you can leave is a downward facing penny. With Abe looking down, the penny is disrespecting the server. This is considered worse then no tip, as the server has to deal with a random penny left behind.

I couldn't find much information on this topic, however I read an alternative version. Leave two pennies, one face down and one face up representing their first change. Second time if the service is the same, you leave two pennies face down.

Time for dinner... hoping to have some face up service. Restaurant

Labels: , , , ,

Comments:
I'd certainly give the Red Hen in Lexington, Virginia that tip if I ever bothered to dine there.
 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Description

Everyday I seem to pick up useless facts. Be it from the deepest regions of the web, late night channel surfing or the tabloids at a grocery store check out lane. Rather then just sharing with my friend and family, I'm sharing with the world, in hopes that one of these random pieces of knowledge make it into one of your conversations.

Popular Labels

Sponsored Links


Previous Posts

Archives

Feeds

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Copywrite 2009, Stuff I Didn't Know Yesterday, didnotknowyesterday.blogspot.com/; All Rights Reserved